Monday, February 28, 2011

Second Trimester - 25 Weeks



I am really feeling pregnant these days. I'm so happy every time I feel Parker move. He kicks a lot! I don't always appreciate the swift kicks to my bladder, but I'm always thankful to know that he is alive and well. I think of Parker as a person more than I ever did when I was pregnant with Makenzie. I find myself talking to him often. I'm so excited to know that we'll have our baby boy in our home in just a few quick months! We're starting to prepare more and more for him. We bought a box of diapers yesterday at Costco and we've ordered some artwork for the walls in his room. My friend is throwing me a baby shower in two weeks and I can hardly wait! We'll probably start really working on his room after the shower because that will be spring break. I'll post pics as soon as everything comes together.
Makenzie talks more and more everyday about Parker and her role as "big sister." She has been putting her dolls and animals into the roles of big brother or sister too. She is becoming increasingly independent in her play. I'm sure that is a skill that will be especially helpful once Parker makes his arrival. I'm sad to lose one on one time with her, but I'm so excited to see the relationship that will grow between the two of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment