Thursday, July 19, 2012

I am blessed to have many things in my life that I love. For example, my sweet husband, Eric, my beautiful daughter, Makenzie, and my precious son, Parker. Now I have a new love...running! I've always wanted to be a runner. I enjoyed running as a teenager, but had no idea that it was considered a sport. My husband is home during the summer so that has allowed me to pursue the wish of becoming a runner. Now don't get me wrong, "I am not a runner," yet. I have been staying up after feeding Parker early in the morning and going for a run. The morning is so beautiful! I get to turn my music up and turn my mommy brain OFF. It's awesome! I walk until I feel capable of running and then I run until I can't any longer. It is such a feeling of freedom to leave the house with the my sleeping children in the care of my husband. I don't take my cell phone or even house keys. It's just me and my ipod. Unfortunately my ipod won't communicate with my computer so I can only listen to the music I put on it five years ago. But, it's still great. I sing. I run. I'm free. My mood is better on the days I exercise. It honestly works better than my anti-depression medicine. It even makes the rest of my day better. My self esteem is better. I make better food choices. It also gives me a ton of energy. Way more than a cup of coffee provides.

No comments:

Post a Comment