Sunday, July 22, 2012

Being a Mom


 I have the best job in the world. I get to be their Mom. I get to be their soft place to land when things are tough. I can only hope to be their best friend. What a blessing and an honor it is to have Mom as my title. I get to kiss their "boo-boos" and pray over them when they're sick. I often hear that being a stay at home mom is the hardest job in the world. Although I agree, it's not the Mom part that's hard. It's the managing of the household and being present as a mother that is hard. It's hard to get past the guilt. Oh there is so much guilt! I feel it about how much time I spend on the computer, doing dishes, and cleaning house while my children entertain themselves. So often I neglect the aforementioned duties and just play with my children. I love playing with them, but there has to be balance to accomplish all of my responsibilities. I want my children to have an amazing childhood full of love, creativity, traditions, and family togetherness. I want them to remember that I played with them. I want them to know that I love them with all of my heart. I want to be a role model for them. I want them to understand that with passion and hard work anything is possible. It's easy to say. Now I need to go live it.

4 comments:

  1. being a momma really IS the best, sweetest, most rewarding job in the world! sweet post ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. It isn't the mothering part that's hard about being a SAHM, it's definitely everything else!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! And my hat is off to all SAHMs. I'm not that good at multi-tasking! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a sweet post :) your kids are adorable!
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)

    xo brie
    www.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete