Friday, August 27, 2010

too much to handle

I apologize in advance for the depressing tone of this post. If you don't want to read complaints and negativity then stop reading now. This week has been so difficult. I tried my best to stay busy and as a result I wore myself out. As a coach's wife I try to make his games a priority. His schedule was backwards this week and his game wasn't until tonight at 7:00. I couldn't do it. My back has been bothering me this week and emotionally I'm just a mess. I'm so stressed out about conceiving or not conceiving. I hate having to wait weeks to know! I wish I could know immediately so I could be excited or be planning for next month. It's hard to be with my daughter all day without any help or any break. My house has been a mess, I haven't done any of my weekly chores, and I have no desire to do anything. When my back hurts like this I can't do anything for more than fifteen minutes. I basically get started with something and then have to go lie down for a while. My temper gets so much shorter when I'm hurting and stressed out too. Therefore I have not been a great mother this week. I've been short with Makenzie and had even higher expectations than usual. I don't understand why a few months ago she wanted to do EVERYTHING by herself and now she doesn't. Ever since we started potty training in June she has stopped doing things for herself. Except of course when it's something I'm doing for her then she wants to do it herself. My bad temper is wearing off on her too. She's yelling, throwing fits, and whining all the time. Of course this could be because of her age, but I believe that my bad example is showing through too. It's hard to admit that I'm not that great of a mother. I pride myself on the things I do well, but the past few weeks those have been few and far between. I JUST NEED A BREAK! Football season just started and I'm already counting down the weeks (10 more to go). How am I ever going to do this with two children? Maybe God won't give us another child because I can't handle it.

2 comments:

  1. It gets easier... the terrible two's don't last forever. I'd be happy to take Makenzie for a couple hours some afternoon if you need to get some time to yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...I'm so sorry. It does get better and you are amazed how easy it gets with two kids. If you need someone for your back, I've got a massage therapist that works on the Allen Football team and she has saved me. I totally understand the pain and the short temper. I was there a few months ago when it hurt to walk or sit. I'd be happy as well for you to come over and just hang out. It is amazing what a change of scenery can do for you.

    ReplyDelete