Thursday, September 6, 2012

DIY Family Rules Subway Art


This started out as a Parisian art canvas with rod iron trim. I removed the metal trim and then painted the canvas with acrylic paint. Once I decided what I wanted it to say I started separating the vinyl letters. I bought the letters at Target in the art supplies section-they were cheaper than at Walmart.

I used a pencil to draw a one inch border on each side. Then I drew horizontal lines every three inches so I would have equal spacing. I positioned and adhered all of my words making sure to not put them directly on top of the pencil marks.

Once everything was down I painted the whole thing with Satin Granite Grey spray paint. I did two coats. Once it was no longer tacky I removed the vinyl letters.

Here is the final product. I really love the way it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment