Friday, September 28, 2012

Censored


 
Censorship:  the control of speech and other forms of human expression.
I have a big mouth. I talk a lot and usually without much of a filter. I remember vividly getting in trouble for sharing private family matters at school when I was younger. I remember being censored by my parents when I wanted to give a mentor a very heartfelt letter of appreciation. Even as an adult I have people telling me what I can share with others. When do I get to stop being the censored child?

I'm ready to find my voice and feel comfortable to share what I want to. What if my honest struggles help someone else? What if just knowing that someone else is going through hard times too is a comfort to someone else? I'm THIRTY years old. I think it's time for me to stop worrying about what other people think and JUST BE ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment